Friday, October 12, 2012

Biden Brings Barbarianism to Bear

I'm not a big fan of either of the two major party's offerings for president, so I might be a bit more objective than many folks. However, in my opinion, Biden conducted himself like a man having a mental meltdown. He came across as rude and overbearing, ignoring what was supposed to be Ryan's "exclusive" time to talk by interrupting and talking over him, mugging for the audience and making it quite obvious that his main purpose was to try to unnerve Ryan and throw him off-stride.
Biden and his histrionic stage theatrics

Biden had neither facts nor a record of successes behind him, so he chose to act like a barbarian and buffoon. By disrespecting his opponent he simultaneously disrespected his position as VP, and his political party. He acted like a man with histrionic personality disorder. This morning - if I were a registered Democrat - I would keep it a secret.


And, exactly WHERE was the "MODERATOR"? I have to agree with Sean Hannity's comment  - "Martha Raddatz is the worst moderator ever." He and some others believed she was too quick to cut off Ryan and to let Biden talk over him. Yes, there was that... but in at least one point in the debate, she openly argued with Ryan herself, and accused him of having refused to answer a question! Note the word used - refused. Not "failed to", or "overlooked", or "didn't"... but REFUSED. I watched, and I don't recall Ryan ever saying, "I refuse to answer that" - or did I just miss that? The moderator's job is to ask the questions, remain impartial, insure that decorum is maintained and that the debate rules regarding time and over-talking are followed. To give credit where it is due... Raddatz DID ask the questions, but she did absolutely NOTHING ELSE. She came across as a liberal harpy on a mission.


As I saw it, Biden came across as an ill-mannered rube, Raddatz was obviously "in the tank" for him, and Ryan was the victim of a left-wing tag team. Who put this farce of a debate on... PBS?

No comments:

Post a Comment